Today I’m going to show how to create your own Shopify online store in 10-15 minutes. Maybe you have already a product idea to sell online.
I’m using Shopify for years. So how simple to create your online with Shopify?
- No coding or Shopify experience required.
- Basic computer skills.
And this step-by-step guide will help you create your own Shopify website.
What is Shopify and how does it work?
Shopify is a complete commerce platform that lets you start, grow, and manage a business.
- Create and customize an online store
- Sell in multiple places, including web, mobile, social media, online marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops
- Manage products, inventory, payments, and shipping
Shopify is completely cloud-based and hosted, which means you don’t have to worry about upgrading or maintaining software or web servers. This gives you the flexibility to access and run your business from anywhere with an internet connection.
Ready to create a Shopify store?
Create Your Own Shopify Online Store
Step 1: Sign Up for Shopify
After clicking Shopify start free trial button. You must your email, password, and your store name. Then click create your store.
After that Shopify will show you Sit tight, we’re creating your store! The Success, your store is ready to go!
After you click, tell Shopify little about yourself.
You need to answer the questions. Are you already selling and choose one…
- I’m not selling products yet
- I’m selling, just not online
- I sell with a different system
- I’m just playing around
And then, What is your current revenue? Now you can click Yes, If you agree in Are you setting up a store for a client? Then click Yes or select the skip button.
The following page asks you to fill in personal information such as first name, last name, address, phone number, business or personal website.
Step 2: Add a Product to Your Shopify Store
After sign-up to your Shopify website. It will show you tips to get started in your home dashboard to get ready to sell online. The first step is asking you to add your first product. You can add physical items, digital downloads, services, or anything else you dream up. Click the Add product…
After you click the add product you will proceed to add the product page. You need to fill in details:
- Title – this is the title on your product that is visible in your customer view of your online store.
- Description – you need to describe your products specially the benefits and why people should buy your products.
- Images – you can add good images that describe your product.
- Price – pricing of your product, also you can add tax on your products.
- Inventory – this is good to monitor your physical product.
- Shipping – if you are selling the physical product you need to add your shipping fee. Add weight to calculate shipping rates at checkout and label prices during fulfillment.
- Customs information – Used by border officers to calculate duties when shipping internationally. Shown on customs forms you print during fulfillment. This is your country of origin.
- Variants – If your product has multiple options, like different sizes or colors.
- Product availability – options where do you want to sell your product like online store, social and more.
- Organization – this is your product type for example shirt then vendor.
- Collections – Add product to a collection so it’s easy to find in your store.
- Tags – this is very useful in terms of SEO.
The best part…
Shopify Search engine listing preview
What I love about Shopify is I can edit my Search engine listing preview. I add a title and description to see how this product might appear in a search engine listing.
Just make you write the right length of product title for search engine optimization and a good product description. Plus, use a short product URL.
Google typically displays the first 50–60 characters of a title tag. If you keep your titles under 60 characters. Recommend a 160-character limit for your Meta descriptions.
Step 3: Customize the Shopify Store Theme
Before you can publish your online store you need to customize the online store’s appearance. Go back to your home dashboard. Select the Online Store button and click themes.
Now, you have two options to show you an online store for your customers.
- Free themes – this is good if you are just getting started on your online store business.
- Premium themes – Little bit pricy if you are just getting started with a small budget but I recommend it. It has a lot of options to increase your revenue. Yeah! premium is always premium.
Step 4: Setup Your Domain
After you customized and design your online store. It’s time to buy or connect a domain. Make your store memorable and easy to find with a custom domain. You can buy a domain from BlueHost.
Step 5: Activate Your Payment Gateway
Accept your customers’ payment method of choice from Shopify Payments to integrations with over 100 other payment providers around the world. The payment method may vary by country.
The final step is to pick a plan for your store
Step 6: Pick a Plan for Your Store
You need to pick a plan for your store. You have three options from the basic Shopify plan to advanced. Pick a plan to use when your free trial ends. There is no risk—if Shopify isn’t right for you, cancel before 14-days trial. The below price is base on Shopify Philippines.
How Much Does Shopify Cost?
All the basics for starting a new business USD $13 per month
Everything you need for a growing business USD $54 per month
Advanced features for scaling your business USD $107 per month
You can pick a Shopify plan here to start to create a Shopify store.
After all, it is done you can click on the Launch Website button to make the store live.
Congratulations! You now have a fully functional Shopify online store. Cheers to financial freedom.
How much does Shopify cost?
All the basics for starting a new business USD$13 per month. Standard Shopify everything you need for a growing business USD$54 per month. Advanced Shopify features for scaling your busines USD$107 per month.
How Shopify works?
Shopify is a cloud-based, SaaS (software as a service) shopping cart solution. A monthly fee gives you access to an admin panel where you can enter store data, add products, and process orders. In addition, you’ll be able to choose from a rich selection of free and for-purchase design templates.
Now I’d like to turn it over to you.
What product would you like to sell? Or which Shopify plan you prefer to create a Shopify online store?
Or maybe you have a question about something you read.
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
We’re love to hear your questions also.
Kindly, comment below and I try best to answer and include your questions on the list.